Employment law can be complex and coping on your own brings significant risk. You need access to reliable advice that you can act on, when issues arise. Making decisions isn’t always simply about what’s legal. Virtual HR Hub will listen to you when you’re looking to make business changes and minimise risk by helping you stay on the right side of the law, whilst achieving your end goals. We’ll provide you with personal and professional advice, whatever the issue.
Our expertise covers:
- Contracts and contractual variations Your rights as an employer and what you expect from your employees need to be set out in the contract of employment. Successful management of your team starts with a contract that’s fit for purpose. We’ll review what you currently have in place and produce contracts tailored to your business.
- Redundancy Making redundancies is one of the most difficult decisions an employer has to make and ensuring that your approach is fair and compliant with the law will avoid claims of discrimination and unfair dismissal. We’ll assist you with fairly selecting and effectively consulting with your employees. Nobody wants to make redundancies but with our help you can at least ensure that you are dealing with your team as sensitively and fairly as possible.
- Appraisals & Reviews In order for your organisation to be the best it can be, your employees need to understand the part they play in the business. Effective appraisals and reviews embed a culture where you are demonstrating how important your people are to you; and where the employee has responsibility for the continuous improvement of their performance in the role, their own skills, behaviours and overall contributions to the business. We’ll develop a bespoke appraisal and review system that measures the key performance indicators relevant to your organisation and enables you to drive performance – realising a commercial benefit.
- Performance Management In an ideal world, all employees would perform excellently, all of the time. In reality you are likely to require improved performance from elements of your team, most of the time. Linked with your appraisal and review process, performance management is all about helping people achieve the most they can and we’re experts at helping all kinds of professionals improve. Occasionally, improvements aren’t achieved and we will support you with the process of terminating contracts in these instances.
- Investigations, disciplinary & dismissal Even when you work towards creating a productive and happy workforce there can still be problems, and the only course of action will be to begin disciplinary procedures. We’ll be there to advise on the process to follow, or will help you conduct various aspects of the process, to ensure that the decisions you reach are fair, objective and legally compliant to avoid claims of discrimination or unfair dismissal.
- Grievance Employees can raise concerns or grievances about any aspect of their working life at any point during their contract of employment, and following the correct procedure and dealing with any complaints in the correct way can avoid issues escalating. We’ll be there to advise on the process to follow, or will help you conduct various aspects of the process to avoid claims of discrimination or constructive dismissal.
- Sickness & absence management
Contact Louise at Virtual HR Hub for a free consultation and more information about how we can provide reliable advice, no matter what the issue, giving you the confidence to make fair and legal decisions that help you drive your business forward.